Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Painted Lady








I'm mad because it hurts.





Um, I got a big tattoo. It hurt. It was totally worth it. It's an illustration out of "The Giving Tree", arguably the best book ever written. It's on the inside of my left arm, right where Gus put his head every time he has ever fallen asleep while I rocked him. He doesn't do that anymore, but it's ok. He's the little boy hugging the tree. The tree is me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your my new hero Tif!

Unknown said...

It looks like it hurts like "HELL".
Looks pretty cool, even better when the black and blue goes away.

jaimezee said...

thats really sweet.

Unknown said...

You rock little girl! I am so happy that I was able to be there. It turned out beautiful!

Tara said...

ouch...
I remember when the teacher would read that story in 1st grade and thinking to myself... "that was sad!" then she would read, "I'm being eaten by a boa constrictor." Love that Shel Silverstein

T+G

Tito and The Gang said...

i wanna get Shel Silverstein's face tattooed on my face.